Top 5 Foundations - 2017



I’m going to be super cliche here and say, “what the f***... it’s 2018 in 2 days? Where has the year gone?”, because it’s bloody true! This year has flown on by, but I’m so glad that I’ve been blessed with another healthy and happy year.

What’s more is that I’ve had a not-so-bad complexion year - ( I know, first world problems, right?!). Thanks to finally finding a skincare routine which works well for me, I’ve managed to find/fall in love with some cult foundations and some new releases! 

Just an update, my skin is currently normal-dry and normal-oily in the summer, but these foundations have worked great for me. Read on to find out what’s got me loving the products pictured above.


MAC Pro Long wear Nourishing waterproof foundation - NC35
It’s got a long name for a reason - Mac wanted to let its consumers know that it promises exactly what it says on the tin... “long wear” “waterproof” and “nourishing”. I purchased this foundation in the summer when I wanted something light-weight for both day and night. I had to pack light when travelling during the summer and this was an absolute fave. The packaging is great and unsurprisingly it blends in so flawlessly with a beauty blender. The foundation is advertised as a full coverage, however, just a little bit is all you need for a ‘no makeup, makeup look’. 

NARS sheer glow - Barcelona 
This has been a Makeup artists favourite for years and I actually couldn’t see what all the fuss was about until a few months ago after using this on a client. It looked absolutely stunning in photos and despite it being a full-coverage foundation, it still looks so natural on the skin! 

BareMinerals BarePro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation
BareMinerals released a shiny new liquid foundation earlier on this year and boy did it deliver! Comparable to the Nars Sheer Glow actually, but just much more light-weight! See my full review here.

BareMinerals Complexion Rescue - Cashmere 06
 Another BareMinerals love of mine is their highly raved about; complexion rescue. This is more of a tinted moisturizer, which only gives a sheer coverage, but it's great for when you just need a bit of a pick-me-up on a running-errands kind of day! Find my full routine here.

Too Faced Born This Way - Warm Nude
I used this foundation for the most part of the year. Again, I love how light-weight it is and the naturally-dewy finish that it gives. I highly recommend this if you're after an every-day full coverage foundation and you have dry skin, like me! 

That's all folks, my 5 favourite foundations of 2017 - which were yours? 

Happy New Year! - Cheers to trying new makeup in 2018 :)

No comments :

Post a Comment