REVIEW | Bare Minerals BAREPRO Liquid Foundation SPF20 - Sandstone 16


BareMinerals have done it! They've launched a liquid matte foundation and as a fan of their Original mineral foundations, I had to get my hands on this bad boy, too.  It promises 24-hour wear, a matte finish with a medium to full coverage, with 'good-to-skin' ingredients such as bamboo stem and papaya extract, which won't clog the pores. I worked for the company for 3 years and honestly, I saw some total hits and misses with new product launches, but overall the company had always strived to create products that are as natural and mineral-based as possible. They were great at training the staff about each new product and this is the first time I'm reviewing the product without the training, but it'll be based purely on my first impressions! 



I purchased the shade 'Sandstone 16' on a whim as I wear this shade in the BarePro Compact. There are 30 shades altogether, and I honestly thought 16 would be way too dark for me when in fact it was actually a shade too light, though bronzer fixed this little issue real quick! Word of advice - definitely get matched in store before you purchase. 

The consistency is not too runny, like BareMinerals Bare Skin Serum foundation, which by the way I wouldn't recommend if you have anything from an oily-combination skin.

I also love that this foundation came in a sleek, glass bottle and with a pump!? *gasp* This makes things so much easier and I'm glad that they don't make you buy it separately! 

Application: I didn't purchase the brush, as I found that it looked too 'gimicky'. I used a damp beauty blender to apply the foundation and it went on really light-weight at first, but after a few layers I finally for the medium-full coverage that it had promised. I then proceeded to use a stippling brush on the other side of my face and this went on a little better, but again it still took a few applications to build up. 

Once applied, the finish was definitely natural and matte, but not super-matte where it makes your complexion look flat.

As for longevity; I wore the foundation for almost 12 hours and I didn't need to touch up, which is rare as I have combination skin. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to test the product for 24 hours because well... I don't tend to leave my makeup on for that long! If you do - let me know how it lasts! 

In the photo below, you can see that a few of my blemishes still show up a little, which is inevitable and I didn't really mind this. 

What do you guys think?


Have you tried the foundation? 

No comments :

Post a Comment