PIXI GLOW TONIC REVIEW: HOW IT WORKED FOR MY BLEMISHED SKIN


Im sure everyone and their mother has heard of this product as it has been such positively praised on the bloggersphere, but did it really work for me? Heres the 411 on my skin; I am someone with pretty normal-dry skin, but unfortunately I suffer with the occasional breakout every once in a while. Though through December and January, I pretty much had a breakout every single day - you know... the type of breakout that has its own pulse and gets super red (wah! thank God that phase is over).
  I know I'm pretty late hopping on this bandwagon as the product has been around for a little over a year, but as mentioned, over the winter my skin had some serious breakouts and I took so many precautions when using new skincare products.

So heres the product low-down. Pixi Glow Tonic is a hydrating toner that promises to gently exfoliate whilst revealing radiant and healthier looking skin. The spotlight definitely shines on the ingredients list because with its added 5% Glycolic Acid, it gently removes dead skin cells from the surface to help reveal a brighter, glowing complexion. The trusty Aloe Vera helps to soothe and hydrate whilst Ginseng helps to improve circulation and energise.

The ingredients list, like most products these days sounds appealing, right? I have to admit, I have ingredient lists trust issues these days because a few that I've seen on the market recently are full of gimmicky ingredients and filler products that sound amazing but have no benefits what-so-ever! Who else has this trust issue?! Anyway, back on topic - does this toner really work? I can proudly say yes!
Prior to my daily use of this product, I was left with scarring from my winter breakouts and some skin discolouration too but the Glow tonic has slowly but surely helped my complexion get to back what it used to be.

Over the last 6 weeks, I've used this product morning and night after cleansing and before moisturising. I found that my moisturiser no longer just sits on my skin, but absorbs to keep it hydrated throughout the day. It's gentle enough that it doesn't sting, and the water-like consistency feels so comfortable, and it also doesn't leave it feeling tight after application. I didn't really see much of a difference until 2 weeks after using the glow-tonic, but I love the fact that I saw the results after consistently using it. This gave me re-assurance that it was gentle enough and not acting in panic mode to help my skin heal. Above all, my scars are fading, my complexion is brighter and my foundation doesn't sit on-top of my dead skin that my old gritty exfoliator failed to buff away. With that being said though, I still use my "scrub" once a week rather than twice a week but do you guys think that I should continue to do this? Is it too harsh? So far my skin looks and feels fine! Opinions please :).

I purchased the 100ml bottle from M&S for £10 to give it a go, but I would definitely go ahead and purchase the 250ml bottle (£18) once I finish this one. It's a decent price for a good toner in my opinion, but maybe try out the smaller size if you're still unsure.

All in all, if you're looking for a gentle toner for a brighter and more even complexion, then this purchase doesn't need to be justified any longer. I highly recommend this product.

No comments :

Post a Comment