BARE MINERALS GEN NUDE MATTE LIQUID LIP-COLOUR | REVIEW & SWATCHES


I know my last few posts have been reviews on liquid lipsticks, but I can't help it... its an addiction. I am so excited to review these bad boys for you because they were so highly anticipated since their launch in the US in the Summer of 2016. Eeeeek It's about time, UK... I've been waiting for these beauties.





I love how BM are revamping their packaging and going with a laid-back yet particularly sleek look. These matte liquid lip-colours are beautifully contained in a traditional cylinder tube with their logo on the front.

These matte-liquid lip colours are described as:
- long-wearing
- moisturising
- cream-to-matte finish
- light weight



These 3 shades are my personal favourites.

Juju: Deep rosy mauve

Swank: Raisin mauve

Cookie: Soft Melon



The first thing I noticed during application was how velvety and delicate it felt on my lips and secondly, the very subtle vanilla scent.

I also noticed that with the more mauve and darker shades, one application on the lips was pigmented enough to create a bold-statement lip. Though with cookie, I needed to apply it at-least twice.

The product dries matte on the lips, but I love that it doesn't feel dry on the lips and it also feels really light-weight and comfortable. The paddle applicator makes application easy-peasy. Although because of the size, I found it particularly difficult to "colour in the lines"! I definitely recommend touching up with a lip-liner after application. I suggest their lip-liners for this as they're super creamy.

In terms of BM's long-wearing promise - i wouldn't go as far as to say its amazing. I wore juju for a 2 hours and it started to wear off a little, leaving only a stain.


JUJU


SWANK

 COOKIE


I applied all of these lip-liners with BM's under-over lip-liner in 'vibe'.
Juju and Swank look similar in the images above, but Swank is definitely deeper - I highly recommend this shade for all you vampy-lip lovers out there. Juju is by far my favourite right now - though I'm itching to try the rest!


Disclaimer: Although I was sent these products as an employee of BareMinerals, the views I express here are mine alone and does not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

No comments :

Post a Comment