REVIEW & SWATCHES: Urban Decay VICE lipstick in Sheer Rapture & Violate- cruelty free!




Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that Urban Decay have released a squad of new lipsticks in SIX different finishes! I was so excited for these because I absolutely love their vice eyeshadow palettes.

These Vice lipsticks are only £15 each - such a great price point and will definitely compete with brands like MAC who sell theirs for £15.50.


I picked up two lipsticks. The first being a cream textured lipstick in the shade 'violate' - love the name as the shade is basically a lilac/violet! I also picked up a sheer lipstick in the shade 'sheer rapture' as I wanted something with a light wash of colour for days where it's overly humid or when i'm at the beach and don't fancy anything too heavy on my lips.
(Top: Sheer Rapture - Bottom: Violate)
(Top: NEW Vice Lipstick -  Bottom: Urban Decay Revolution)

You can never fault Urban Decay's packaging - it's always on point! Stylish, Sturdy and at the same time Sophisticated. The packaging is similar to their revolution lipsticks but I love how they changed it up a little with the gold detail at the bottom. What do you guys think?

Sheer Rapture
 'Dusty rose'

First and foremost, don't you guys just LOVE the logo embossed on the lipstick? It's so pretty.
Sheer Rapture is definitely going to be one of my go-to shades this summer and I'll probably always have it in my makeup bag and use it as a balm whenever I need a wash of colour on my lips. It's very natural and it just gives my lips a bit of a pick-me-up when they're looking a little pale.

If you were a beginner to makeup then definitely pick up one of their NINETEEN sheer shades - without a double. you'll find one that you love. The colour is buildable too, so if you wanted to up the amp a little bit then just keep building up the colour.

I had this one the entire day yesterday and I have to say, it did last pretty long! Understandably I had to reapply after lunch because the colour is so sheer that it washed off a little but it still left a slight stain. Kind of reminds me of the Revlon Butter Lips but creamier!
(above: sheer rapture)

 The cream texture is so smooth and glides on so nicely! One application goes a long way and it sits so comfortably on my lips all day.

The cream lipsticks come in 42 shades *gasp* but I had to have violate! Its definitely a shade that I don't own so I knew I had to get it. It's described as a dusty purple with a pink undertone.
 It swatched more as a dusty pink on my arm, but once on my lips you can definitely see that its a little more purple which I absolutely love!

What do you guys think?

I wore this shade to the gym (just to test it out! don't jude me lol) and it lasted through my blood, swear and tears whilst still managing to look and feel creamy.

I definitely give these a 10/10 - packaging, texture, price point and ugh, just everything! I can't wait to try more.

Have you guys tried the new Vice lipsticks yet? Let me know what you think and if you'd try these shades :)

With love, Ploy x

No comments :

Post a Comment